5.11.2008

it's our day!

time to rise up and.....oh wait, that's a different blog. Anyway, happy mother's day to all the moms out there, I hope you have the day you want. For me, it would have been quiet, but with 2 four-year-olds and a six-year-old, the possibility of that is practically nil. That's okay, I know I'll miss the noise and chaos when it's gone. I did get a chance to do a little crafting today. Lain Ehman over at Scraphappy hosts a 30-minute Thursday challenge every week, and while I always intend on participating, life seems to get in the way and I never get around to it. Until, that is, today! I spent 30 (ish) of my Mother's Day Morning minutes creating a scrapbook page. I say '30ish' because with 3 kidlets, someone is always interrupting for some reason or other. Even though I said 'page' it's actually 2 sorta 'pagettes'. I had a concept in my mind and it might work, but I need to modify a couple of page protectors. The l/o would work just fine as a single 12x12, but I do think they hold their own sigularly. Weird I know, I just really like the idea of odd size pages. What do you think?





















page 1, or, the left side























page 2, or the right side





















the 2 of them together, kinda


the challenge this week is to use a vacation photo (check), paperclip (check) and hidden journaling (check). Why not head over to Lain's blog and join the fun?

*edited to add: yes, I realized there is an 'a' missing in aquarium. Not sure how it happened since i even wrote it down because I was spelling it backwards; anyway, it's fixed, I'm just too lazy to take new pictures!

No comments: